The Fire Advisory Board consists of eight members appointed by the Marion County Board of County commissioners. The members serve as liaisons between Marion County commissioners and citizens with regards to fire rescue and EMS services. The board meets on a quarterly basis at 3 p.m. at MCFR Headquarters in the Procurement Services Training Room, 2631 SE Third St., Ocala. The meetings are held in the Sunshine and are open to the public.
Fire and EMS Advisory Board goals:
- Improve communication and foster cooperation between county commissioners and citizens with regard to fire rescue services.
- Analyze and oversee Fire Rescue's budget.
- Investigate citizens' concerns with regards to fire rescue services.
- Anticipate potential problems and find viable solutions with regards to fire rescue services.
- Provide public awareness on allocation of MCFR funding.
- Offer support to the fire chief and fire rescue personnel.
- Make recommendations to the Marion County Board of County Commissioners with regards to fire rescue services.