Right-of-Way (ROW) Utilization Permits are required for all construction, herbicide/pesticide spraying, tree clearing, and all temporary private use of public right-of-way. A Driveway Connection Permit is required for any development or construction activity accessing county right-of-way. Permitting forms and related information can be found here.
ROW and driveway permit applications are processed through our Customer Service Center (CSC). In addition, the CSC assists with road, sign, signal and other maintenance requests, general inquiries and overhead banner displays as well as permit-related lane and road closure requests.
In an effort to meet customers’ expectations and enhance our delivery of service, we have two locations staffed by our CSC team.
- Our main office is located on the west side of the McPherson Complex on Southeast 25th Avenue.
- A satellite location is located at Growth Services, next to Library Headquarters-Ocala, on East Silver Springs Boulevard.
Feel free to stop by, give us a call or send us an email. We would be happy to assist you. During business hours:
- Contact us via telephone at 352-671-8686.
- Permitting inquiries can be emailed here.
- Road, sign, signal or other inquiries can be emailed here.
After-hour emergencies regarding roadways, signs or signals can be reported to the Marion County Sheriff’s Office at 352-732-9111. The Sheriff's Office will notify our on-call technician.